I, Balasubramaniam a/l Perumal (NRIC NO: xxxxxx-xx-6235) a
Malaysian Citizen of full age and residing at xxxxx, Selangor do
solemly and sincerely declare as follows :-
1. I have been a police officer with the Royal Malaysian Police Force
having jointed as a constable in 1981 attached to the Police Field
Force. I was then promoted to the rank of lance Corporal and
finally resigned from the Police Force in 1998 when I was with
the Special Branch.
2. I have been working as a free lance Private Investigator since I
left the Police Force.
3. Sometime in June or July 2006, I was employed by Abdul Razak
Baginda for a period of 10 days to look after him at his office at
the Bangunan Getah Asli, Jalan Ampang between the hours of
8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m each working day as apparently he was
experiencing disturbances from a third party.
4. I resigned from this job after 2 ½ days as I was not receiving any
5. I was however re-employed by Abdul Razak Baginda on the
05-10-2006 as he had apparently received a harassing phone call
from a Chinese man calling himself ASP Tan who had threatened
him to pay his debts. I later found out this gentleman was in
fact a private investigator called Ang who was employed by a
Mongolian woman called Altantuya Shaaribuu.
6. Abdul Razak Baginda was concerned that a person by the name
of Altantuya Shaaribuu, a Mongolian woman, was behind this
threat and that she would be arriving in Malaysia very soon to try
and contact him.
7. Abdul Razak Baginda informed me that he was concerned by this
as he had been advised that Altantuya Shaaribuu had been given
some powers by a Mongolian ‘bomoh’ and that he could never
look her in the face because of this.
8. When I enquired as to who this Mongolian woman was, Abdul
Razak Baginda informed me that she was a friend of his who had
been introduced to him by a VIP and who asked him to look after
9. I advised him to lodge a police report concerning the threatening
phone call he had received from the Chinese man known as ASP
Tan but he refused to do so as he informed me there were some
high profile people involved.
210. Abdul Razak Baginda further told me that Altantuya Shaaribuu
was a great liar and good in convincing people. She was
supposed to have been very demanding financially and that he
had even financed a property for her in Mongolia.
11. Abdul Razak Baginda then let me listen to some voice messages
on his handphone asking him to pay what was due otherwise he
would be harmed and his daughter harassed.
12. I was therefore supposed to protect his daughter Rowena as well.
13. On the 09.10.2006 I received a phone call from Abdul Razak
Baginda at about 9.30 a.m. informing me that Altantuya was in
his office and he wanted me there immediately. As I was in the
midst of a surveillance, I sent my assistant Suras to Abdul Razak
Baginda’s office and I followed a little later. Suras managed to
control the situation and had persuaded Altantuya and her two
friends to leave the premises. However Altantuya left a note
written on some Hotel Malaya note paper, in English, asking
Abdul Razak Baginda to call her on her handphone (number
given) and wrote down her room number as well.
314. Altantuya had introduced herself to Suras as ‘Aminah’ and had
informed Suras she was there to see her boyfriend Abdul Razak
15. These 3 Mongolian girls however returned to Abdul Razak
Baginda’s office at the Bangunan Getah Asli, Jalan Ampang
again, the next day at about 12.00 noon. They did not enter the
building but again informed Suras that they wanted to meet
Aminah’s boyfriend, Abdul Razak Baginda.
16. On the 11.10.2006, Aminah returned to Abdul Razak Baginda’s
office on her own and gave me a note to pass to him, which I did.
Abdul Razak Baginda showed me the note which basically asked
him to call her urgently.
17. I suggested to Abdul Razak Baginda that perhaps it may be wise
to arrange for Aminah to be arrested if she harassed him further,
but he declined as he felt she would have to return to Mongolia
as soon as her cash ran out.
18. In the meantime I had arranged for Suras to perform surveillance
on Hotel Malaya to monitor the movements of these 3 Mongolian
girls, but they recognized him. Apparently they become friends
4with Suras after that and he ended up spending a few nights in
their hotel room.
19. When Abdul Razak Baginda discovered Suras was becoming
close to Aminah he asked me to pull him out from Hotel Malaya.
20. On the 14.10.2006, Aminah turned up at Abdul Razak Baginda’s
house in Damansara Heights when I was not there. Abdul Razak
Baginda called me on my handphone to inform me of this so I
rushed back to his house. As I arrived, I noticed Aminah outside
the front gates shouting “Razak, bastard, come out from the
house”. I tried to calm her down but couldn’t so I called the
police who arrived in 2 patrol cars. I explained the situation to
the police, who took her away to the Brickfields police station.
21. I followed the patrol cars to Brickfields police station in a taxi. I
called Abdul Razak Baginda and his lawyer Dirren to lodge a
police report but they refused.
22. When I was at the Brickfields police station, Aminah’s own
Private Investigator, one Mr. Ang arrived and we had a
discussion. I was told to deliver a demand to Abdul Razak
Baginda for USD$500,000.00 and 3 tickets to Mongolia,
apparently as commission owed to Aminah from a deal in Paris.
23. As Aminah had calmed down at this stage, a policewoman at the
Brickfields police station advised me to leave and settle the
24. I duly informed Abdul Razak Baginda of the demands Aminah
had made and told him I was disappointed that no one wanted to
back me up in lodging a police report. We had a long discussion
about the situation when I expressed a desire to pull out of this
25. During this discussion and in an attempt to persuade me to
continue my employment with him, Abdul Razak Baginda
informed me that :-
25.1 He had been introduced to Aminah by Datuk Seri Najib Tun
Razak at a diamond exhibition in Singapore.
25.2 Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak informed Abdul Razak Baginda
that he had a sexual relationship with Aminah and that she
was susceptible to anal intercourse.
25.3 Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak wanted Abdul Razak Baginda to
look after Aminah as he did not want her to harass him
since he was now the Deputy Prime Minister.
625.4 Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, Abdul Razak Baginda and
Aminah had all been together at a dinner in Paris.
25.5 Aminah wanted money from him as she felt she was
entitled to a USD$500,000.00 commission on a submarine
deal she assisted with in Paris.
26. On the 19.10.2006, I arrived at Abdul Razak Baginda’s house in
Damansara Heights to begin my night duty. I had parked my car
outside as usual. I saw a yellow proton perdana taxi pass by
with 3 ladies inside, one of whom was Aminah. The taxi did a Uturn and stopped in front of the house where these ladies rolled
down the window and wished me ‘Happy Deepavali’. The taxi
27. About 20 minutes later the taxi returned with only Aminah in it.
She got out of the taxi and walked towards me and started
talking to me. I sent an SMS to Abdul Razak Baginda informing
him “Aminah was here”. I received an SMS from Razak
instructing me “To delay her until my man comes”.
28. Whist I was talking to Aminah, she informed me of the
728.1 That she met Abdul Razak Baginda in Singapore with Datuk
Seri Najib Tun Razak.
28.2 That she had also met Abdul Razak Baginda and Datuk Seri
Najib Tun Razak at a dinner in Paris.
28.3 That she was promised a sum of USD$500,000.00 as
commission for assisting in a Submarine deal in Paris.
28.4 That Abdul Razak Baginda had bought her a house in
Mongolia but her brother had refinanced it and she needed
money to redeem it.
28.5 That her mother was ill and she needed money to pay for
28.6 That Abdul Razak Baginda had married her in Korea as her
mother is Korean whilst her father was a
28.7 That if I wouldn’t allow her to see Abdul Razak Baginda,
would I be able to arrange for her to see Datuk Seri Najib
829. After talking to Aminah for about 15 minutes, a red proton
aeroback arrived with a woman and two men. I now know the
woman to be Lance Corporal Rohaniza and the men, Azilah Hadri
and Sirul Azahar. They were all in plain clothes. Azilah walked
towards me while the other two stayed in the car.
30. Azilah asked me whether the woman was Aminah and I said
‘Yes’. He then walked off and made a few calls on his
handphone. After 10 minutes another vehicle, a blue proton
saga, driven by a Malay man, passed by slowly. The drivers
window had been wound down and the driver was looking at us.
31. Azilah then informed me they would be taking Aminah away. I
informed Aminah they were arresting her. The other two
persons then got out of the red proton and exchanged seats so
that Lance Corporal Rohaniza and Aminah were in the back while
the two men were in the front. They drove off and that is the last
I ever saw of Aminah.
32. Abdul Razak Baginda was not at home when all this occurred.
933. After the 19.10.2006, I continued to work for Abdul Razak
Baginda at his house in Damansara Heights from 7.00 p.m. to
8.00 a.m. the next morning, as he had been receiving
threatening text messages from a woman called ‘Amy’ who was
apparently ‘Aminah’s’ cousin in Mongolia.
34. On the night of the 20.10.2006, both of Aminah’s girl friends
turned up at Abdul Razak Baginda’s house enquiring where
Aminah was. I informed them she had been arrested the night
35. A couple of nights later, these two Mongolian girls, Mr. Ang and
another Mongolian girl called ‘Amy’ turned up at Abdul Razak
Baginda’s house looking for Aminah as they appeared to be
convinced she was being held in the house.
36. A commotion began so I called the police who arrived shortly
thereafter in a patrol car. Another patrol car arrived a short
while later in which was the investigating officer from the Dang
Wangi Police Station who was in charge of the missing persons
report lodged by one of the Mongolians girls, I believe was Amy.
1037. I called Abdul Razak Baginda who was at home to inform him of
the events taking place at his front gate. He then called DSP
Musa Safri and called me back informing me that Musa Safri
would be calling handphone and I was to pass the phone to the
Inspector from Dang Wangi Police Station.
38. I then received a call on my handphone from Musa Safri and duly
handed the phone to the Dang Wangi Inspector. The
conversation lasted 3 – 4 minutes after which he told the girls to
disperse and to go to see him the next day.
39. On or about the 24.10.2006, Abdul Razak Baginda instructed me
to accompany him to the Brickfields police station as he had
been advised to lodge a police report about the harassment he
was receiving from these Mongolian girls.
40. Before this, Amy had sent me an SMS informing me she was
going to Thailand to lodge a report with the Mongolian consulate
there regarding Aminah’s disappearance. Apparently she had
sent the same SMS to Abdul Razak Baginda. This is why he told
me he had been advised to lodge a police report.
1141. Abdul Razak Baginda informed me that DPS Musa Safri had
introduced him to one DSP Idris, the head of the Criminal
division, Brickfields police station, and that Idris had referred him
to ASP Tonny.
42. When Abdul Razak Baginda had lodged his police report at
Brickfields police station, in front of ASP Tonny, he was asked to
make a statement but he refused as he said he was leaving for
overseas. He did however promise to prepare a statement and
hand ASP Tonny a thumb drive. I know that this was not done as
ASP Tonny told me.
43. However ASP Tonny asked me the next day to provide my
statement instead and so I did.
44. I stopped working for Abdul Razak Baginda on the 26.10.2006 as
this was the day he left for Hong Kong on his own.
45. In mid November 2006, I received a phone call from ASP Tonny
from the IPK Jalan Hang Tuah asking me to see him regarding
12Aminah’s case. When I arrived there I was immediately arrested
under S.506 of the Penal Code for Criminal intimidation.
46. I was then placed in the lock up and remanded for 5 days. On
the third day I was released on police bail.
47. At the end of November 2006, the D9 department of the IPK sent
a detective to my house to escort me to the IPK Jalan Hang Tuah.
When I arrived, I was told I was being arrested under S.302 of the
Penal Code for murder. I was put in the lock up and remanded
for 7 days.
48. I was transported to Bukit Aman where I was interrogated and
questioned about an SMS I had received from Abdul Razak
Baginda on the 19.10.2006 which read “delay her until my man
arrives”. They had apparently retrieved this message from
Abdul Razak Baginda’s handphone.
49. They then proceeded to record my statement from 8.30 a.m. to
6.00 p.m. everyday for 7 consecutive days. I told them all I
knew including everything Abdul Razak Baginda and Aminah had
told me about their relationships with Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak
13but when I came to sign my statement, these details had been
50. I have given evidence in the trial of Azilah, Sirul and Abdul Razak
Baginda at the Shah Alam High Court. The prosecutor did not
ask me any questions in respect of Aminah’s relationship with
Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak or of the phone call I received from
DSP Musa Safri, whom I believe was the ADC for Datuk Seri Najib
Razak and/or his wife.
51. On the day Abdul Razak Baginda was arrested, I was with him at
his lawyers office at 6.30 a.m. Abdul Razak Baginda informed
us that he had sent Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak an SMS the
evening before as he refused to believe he was to be arrested,
but had not received a response.
52. Shortly thereafter, at about 7.30 a.m., Abdul Razak Baginda
received an SMS from Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and showed,
this message to both myself and his lawyer. This message read
as follows :- “ I am seeing IGP at 11.00 a.m. today …… matter
will be solved … be cool”.
1453. I have been made to understand that Abdul Razak Baginda was
arrested the same morning at his office in the Bangunan Getah
Asli, Jalan Ampang.
54. The purpose of this Statutory declaration is to :-
54.1 State my disappointment at the standard of investigations
conducted by the authorities into the circumstances
surrounding the murder of Altantuya Shaaribuu.
54.2 Bring to the notice of the relevant authorities the strong
possibility that there are individuals other than the 3
accused who must have played a role in the murder of
54.3 Persuade the relevant authorities to reopen their
investigations into this case immediately so that any fresh
evidence may be presented to the Court prior to
submissions at the end of the prosecutions case.
54.4 Emphasize the fact that having been a member of the
Royal Malaysian Police Force for 17 years I am absolutely
certain no police officer would shoot someone in the head
15and blow up their body without receiving specific
instructions from their superiors first.
54.5. Express my concern that should the defence not be called
in the said murder trial, the accused, Azilah and Sirul will
not have to swear on oath and testify as to the
instructions they received and from whom they were given.
55. And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the
same be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory
Declaration Act 1960.
SUBCRIBED and solemnly )
declared by the abovenamed )
Balasubramaniam a/l Perumal ]
this day of 2008 )
Commissioner for Oath
* THIS IS THE COPY OF THE DISCLOSURE OF MURDER OF ALTANYUYA. TIME TO FIGHT FOR JUSTICE.